Software Engineering Manager (Remote - India)
Apollo.io combines a buyer database of over 250M contacts and powerful sales engagement and automation tools in one, easy to use platform. Trusted by over 160,000 companies including Autodesk, Rippling, Deel, Jasper.ai, Divvy, and Heap, Apollo has more than one million users globally. By helping sales professionals find their ideal buyers and intelligently automate outreach, Apollo helps go-to-market teams sell anything.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022. This year, we continue to grow faster each month with record months of sales and added ARR. We hope you apply.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Your Role & Mission
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will have the critical leadership role of enabling
excellence, productivity, and growth within Apollo's engineering organization. You crave the
opportunity for hands-on mentorship, and to accelerate not only your career, but for those of
your team as well. Your responsibility would come in several forms, including but not limited to:
● Help the team define, set, and adhere to goals and expectations
● Drive a culture around excellence, learning, and fun
● Critically observe and improve development and management processes within Apollo
● Work closely with key stakeholders such as the CTO, Product Managers, and Designers
to deliver high quality software at a rapid pace for an ever-increasing user base
● Change, and be a part of key decision-making processes within the engineering
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities
● Participation in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning,
software design, and occasionally code reviews
● Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by sourcing and hiring candidates
● Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touch points with engineers to deliver and receive quality
● Work with engineers to develop and execute on personalized goals
● Conduct objective and helpful quarterly performance reviews for engineers
● You love scaling up through well-written documents and well-defined processes. As a
remote first company, documentation is critical to our hyper-growth and success.
● You are compassionate, put people first as a mentor, and are tactful with both accepting
and delivering criticism to others.
● You have the leadership skills to think and execute strategically but are not afraid to get
your hands dirty when needed.
Your technical understanding of engineering systems, especially related to data, is
second to none.
● You can relate to and admire Apollo’s values of Ownership, Integrity, Curiosity,
Excellence, Teamwork, and Fun.
Skills and Relevant Experiences
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering industry experience while being technically strong.
- Proven track record of technical leadership. Strong fundamentals in software architecture at scale and cross-team function.
- 3-5 years' experience in people management, preferably leading senior & staff engineers.
- Experience in working in fast-paced environments with Scrum/Kanban processes
- Experience with Ruby (required) and Python (optional) programming.
- Understanding of data privacy and security fundamentals.
- Should have experience in developing B2C or B2B products from scratch & understand user experience expectations.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders to deliver a higher impact.
Great to have
● Familiarity with React, MongoDB, SQL, data warehousing, and ElasticSearch.
● Experience with data platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, Airflow, Looker, etc.).
● Experience with Web scraping.
Our Tech Stack
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NextJS on the front end,
Ruby/Python/MongoDB/ElasticSearch/Redis on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Terraform for Infrastructure.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!