Staff Backend Engineer - Search (APAC, Remote)
Apollo.io combines a buyer database of over 250M contacts and powerful sales engagement and automation tools in one, easy to use platform. Trusted by over 160,000 companies including Autodesk, Rippling, Deel, Jasper.ai, Divvy, and Heap, Apollo has more than one million users globally. By helping sales professionals find their ideal buyers and intelligently automate outreach, Apollo helps go-to-market teams sell anything.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022. This year, we continue to grow faster each month with record months of sales and added ARR. We hope you apply.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
YOUR ROLE AND MISSION:
As a Staff Software Engineer at Apollo, you will take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to significantly complex, unscoped problems. Your work will extend to many parts of a domain and may begin to influence your entire department or domain. Your team's work will align engineering priorities to Apollo's business and engineering priorities to realize the meaningful impact. You'll improve the overall quality of engineering done on your team and consistently take steps to support the growth and the success of your teammates.
- Participation in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning, software design, and code reviews
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by interviewing and referral.
- Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touchpoints with engineers to deliver and receive quality feedback
- Setting technical direction and overseeing engineering projects working along with CTO on deciding the technology roadmap.
- Mentorship and sponsorship - best way to grow those around you is by creating an active practice of mentorship and sponsorship. Maintaining relationships and developing a positive team culture
- Provide objective and helpful quarterly performance feedback for engineers
- Problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience in software development using a general-purpose programming language (e.g., Java, Python etc).
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!