Senior Backend Engineer (Remote, Philippines)
Apollo.io combines a buyer database of over 250M contacts and powerful sales engagement and automation tools in one, easy to use platform. Trusted by over 160,000 companies including Autodesk, Rippling, Deel, Jasper.ai, Divvy, and Heap, Apollo has more than one million users globally. By helping sales professionals find their ideal buyers and intelligently automate outreach, Apollo helps go-to-market teams sell anything.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022. This year, we continue to grow faster each month with record months of sales and added ARR. We hope you apply.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Your Role & Mission
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities
- Design and implement highly scalable backend endpoints
- Gather product requirements and write design docs to satisfy product needs
- Drive/Lead full lifecycle of software development: product requirements, architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Mentor others on best practices and effectively share knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate development progress to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Be comfortable introducing new technologies and new ideas as required
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in scrum ceremony meetings, team parties, and manager 1:1s
- Provide feedback to co-workers in written and verbal form and respond to technical and behavioral feedback from managers and peers
- Customer driven: Attentive to our customers’ needs and strive to deliver a seamless and delightful customer experience.
- High Impact: Understand what the most important customer metrics are and find the right direction to impact them by working with Product Managers and through multiple agile iterations
- Ownership: Have ownership of projects from start to finish, make sure to have high quality implementation, and have urgency to move fast and find the most efficient ways to iterate
- Team Mentorship & Sharing: Able to up-level the team by sharing knowledge and best practices with the engineering team
- Agility: Organized and able to effectively plan and breakdown large projects into smaller tasks that are easier to estimate and deliver. Can lead fast iterations
- Speak and Act Courageously: aren’t afraid to fail, aren’t afraid to challenge status quo, speak up for contrarian view
- Focus and Move with Urgency: Able to prioritize for impact and move fast to deliver experiment, features to achieve customer value
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new codebase and frameworks.
Skills & Relevant Experience
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in backend development, at least 1-2 years in senior positions, developing large-scale applications
- Experience developing distributed web applications
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
- Experience with database modeling (SQL or NoSQL both OK)
- Experience with using and designing RESTful services
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!