Apollo Academy Instructor
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
The Apollo Academy Instructor / Customer Education Manager is a critical, fun, and exciting role on Apollo’s Customer Education team. As a sales expert with a deep background in prospecting, sales engagement, negotiation, sales management, and sales enablement, you’ll help millions of Apollo users master the art of sales.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Customer Education, Content Marketing, and Growth teams to create compelling training videos and written content that will appear in Apollo Academy and help our customers make the most of Apollo’s platform. You’ll interview power users and customers to surface winning tactics and strategies and share those with our broader audience. As a dynamic speaker and teacher, you’ll host daily live onboarding webinars for new Apollo users, and create a steady stream of valuable content for use across YouTube, our lifecycle marketing, and in the Apollo product. Your goal will be to activate and retain Apollo’s users across a number of product lines and use cases.
Reporting to the Head of Content Marketing and Customer Education, the ideal candidate for this role is a dynamic on-camera presence and extemporaneous speaker with a wealth of knowledge about sales and go-to-market topics. Familiarity with Apollo or similar tools is a must. You’re an exceptional project manager, collaborator, and communicator, able to adjust rapidly to changing priorities, and be part of a larger team. The ideal candidate is looking to have a big impact at a fast-growing company in your next role.
- Master the ins and outs of the Apollo product across all use cases and product lines
- Create dynamic, engaging, to-the-point ‘how-to’ videos that will live in the Apollo product and Apollo Academy
- Create certification tracks for Apollo Academy courses for our employees, partners, and users
- Interview Apollo users, customers, and employees to surface winning tactics and strategies
- Host recurring (daily) live training sessions for new Apollo users
This role is fully remote (but ideally based out of the US) and may require travel as part of the content production process.
- 5-7+ years of experience in software sales, sales development, or sales management, with at least 3 years spent in closing roles
- A portfolio of video training or ‘how-to’ content that demonstrates your dynamism on-camera and as a host
- Extraordinary proficiency in sales intelligence, sales engagement, sales automation, and conversation intelligence tools
- Extraordinary extemporaneous speaking skills; you are able to make compelling content without an arduous scriptwriting process
- A demonstrated track record of driving meaningful results for companies in a sales or sales training role, with a roster of successful sales professionals willing to attest to your ability as a coach
- The ability to track, measure, and report on the efficacy of your work
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to hit tight deadlines and work with a broad range of collaborators
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!