Staff Backend Engineer
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Apollo, you will take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to significantly complex, unscoped problems. Your work will extend to many parts of a domain and may begin to influence your entire department or domain. Your team's work will align engineering priorities to Apollo's business and engineering priorities to realize meaningful impact. You'll improve the overall quality of engineering done on your team and consistently take steps to support the growth and the success of your teammates.
- Participate in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning, software design, and code reviews
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by interviewing and referral.
- Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touch points with engineers to deliver and receive quality feedback
- Set technical direction and overseeing engineering projects working alongside the CTO on deciding the technology roadmap.
- Mentor and sponsorship - the best way to grow those around you is by creating an active practice of mentorship and sponsorship. Maintaining relationships and developing a positive team culture
- Provide objective and helpful quarterly performance feedback for engineers
- Problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience in software development using a general-purpose programming language (e.g., Java, Python etc).
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
Great to have skills:
- Familiarity with Big Data Technologies, Ruby on Rails, React, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, DevOps
Apollo tech stack:
- React/Redux/NodeJS on the front-end
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Python/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend
- Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform for infrastructure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as our cloud provider
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!