Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Your Role & Mission
- Help the team define, set, and adhere to goals and expectations
- Drive a culture around excellence, learning, and fun
- Critically observe and improve development and management processes within Apollo engineering
- Work closely with key stakeholders such as the CTO, Product Managers, and Designers to deliver high quality software at a rapid pace for an ever-increasing user base
- Change, and be a part of key decision-making processes within the engineering organization
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities
- Participation in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning, software design, and occasionally code reviews
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by sourcing and hiring candidates
- Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touch points with engineers to deliver and receive quality feedback
- Work with engineers to develop and execute on personalized goals
- Conduct objective and helpful quarterly performance reviews for engineers
- You love scaling up through well-written documents and well-defined processes. As a remote first company, documentation is critical to our hyper-growth and success.
- You are compassionate, put people first as a mentor, and are tactful with both accepting and delivering criticism to others.
- You have the leadership skills to think and execute strategically but are not afraid to get your hands dirty when needed.
- Your technical understanding of engineering systems, especially related to data, is second to none.
- You can relate to and admire Apollo’s values of Ownership, Integrity, Curiosity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Fun
Skills and Relevant Experiences
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering industry experience. You will be leading a team of multiple senior and staff level engineers so you need to be technically very strong.
- 3-5 years' experience in people management, preferably leading senior engineers and managers.
- Proven track record of technical leadership. Strong fundamentals in software architecture at scale, effective engineering processes, and cross-team function.
- Experience with Ruby and Python
- Understanding of data privacy and security fundamentals.
Great to have
- Familiarity with React, MongoDB, SQL, data warehousing, and ElasticSearch.
- Experience with data platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, Airflow, Looker, etc.).
- Experience within the activation space
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!