Website Marketing & CRO Manager
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
We are seeking an SEO and CRO expert to drive our strategy and increase search visibility & conversion for Apollo’s core products and use cases. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of marketing experience, a proven track record of building SEO and conversion rate optimization programs, and the ability to lead projects from ideation to execution. This is an opportunity to join a company that empowers revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes.
- Own SEO strategy, efforts (on page, off page and technical), and pipeline and revenue for Apollo’s global site.
- Inform web strategy from globalization to link building.
- Develop core and topical content suggestions and align SEO efforts with upcoming go-to-market initiatives; partner with cross-functional teams (especially content) on opportunities to capture traffic and increase demand across organic channels.
- Integrate SEO as a key step into content workflows to increase search visibility; advise editorial teams on content hierarchy and target keywords to incorporate into copy.
- Partner with paid search to develop keyword optimized landing pages.
- Train development teams on implementation of optimized meta data, alt text, headers and URL structures; maintain technical upkeep with content and web partners.
- Conduct webpage audits with SEO deep crawls, providing insight and data-backed suggestions on how to grow site traffic organically.
- Establish and report out on keyword and page performance KPIs; synthesize insights from heatmaps, user recordings, surveys, and analytics to broader web and testing strategy.
- Drive conversion rate optimization strategy and execution with Head of Growth Marketing to improve MQL, pipeline, and revenue generation on core web surfaces.
- Deep knowledge of testing platforms and tools (e.g. Google Suite: Analytics, Search Console, Keyword Planner, Hotjar, Intellimize/Mutiny or equivalent).
- Proven track record of building SEO and conversion rate optimization programs.
- Project management: Ability to lead projects from ideation, to execution of experimental design, to partnership with digital team on testing impact of across their channels.
- Data-driven approach: Ability to build KPI dashboards for funnel optimization; use results to make informed conclusions about learning objectives and improvement opportunities.
- Strategic thinker: You understand how to build a pipeline of experiments to deliver impact on the business and hit growth targets.
- Preferred, but not required: strong sense of design systems, UI/UX.
- Preferred, but not required: familiarity with conversion copywriting.
- 3+ years of experience working in SEO/CRO
- Proven success implementing SEO best practices
- In-depth knowledge of SEO/CRO research principles and methods.
- Ability to create, justify, communicate and implement SEO strategies across teams and external agencies
- Data-driven and analytical mindset; experience measuring and reporting on performance at a regular cadence.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and JavsScript a plus.
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!