Senior Product Designer, Growth
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Your Role & Mission
We are hiring a Sr. Product Designer, Growth Activation to help craft the future of Apollo. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the design efforts of our Activation Growth team, focusing on creating user experiences that drive user adoption and engagement. You’ll play a vital role in growing our Apollo user base and turning them into loyal customers.
Our Product Managers, Design, and Engineering teams are structured as Squads that are focused on several core features of the product. You will be assigned to a Squad alongside one Product Manager and a team of Engineers that will be solely dedicated to Product Growth.
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities
- Working with the Product Manager in growth squads to help brainstorm, hypothesize and validate through rapid testing to frame the right problem.
- Create high-quality end-to-end flows for our onboarding and activation features.
- Working with Engineers on your squad to understand constraints, handoff designs, and run design QA.
- Collaborating with your squad during Weekly Sprint planning & Daily Standups to ensure that we are building the best experience.
- Collaborating with other Designers to provide feedback, share + learn best practices & maintain a cohesive experience in the product.
- Interviewing users to validate designs & learn about user problems.
- Using & building upon our design system to update portions of your surface.
- Output meaningful, coherent, and end-to-end solutions that can boost our key metrics.
- Consistently integrating quantitative and qualitative data into essential product decisions.
Skills & Competencies
- 6+ years of experience designing and shipping complex web-based products.
- You have experience working across onboarding surfaces and/or on a growth team. This includes being familiar with iterative experimentation, such as A/B testing.
- You have expert design instincts & best practice knowledge to translate user problems, user goals, business objectives, and technical constraints into excellent product experiences to deliver quick turnarounds & shorten feedback loops.
- You’re a self-starter that thrives while working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have experience creating and maintaining components across multiple product surfaces in Figma.
- You are a voracious learner, constantly trying to learn how to improve customer experience, and drive core metrics. Continuously learns new industry standards, staying up to date with how to get the most out of modern design tools including Figma.
- You have a passion for typography and copywriting and know how to write a simple, compelling microcopy to support your UI design.
- You’re experimentation-oriented – You have the ability to conduct user interviews, analyze the results of interviews, form hypotheses, test hypothesis with users via prototypes or product experimentation, and iterate.
- No big ego – we can uphold excellent rhythms within our Product Management, Engineering & Design squads because each member has respect for each other, and has a shared understanding of the goals, vision, and principles that Apollo operates on.
- You’re highly interested in user-centric design – we like to push each other to stay at the cutting edge of our field :)
- You live and breathe design!
- Marketing, Brand design experience
- UX Writing
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!