Head of Account Based Marketing (ABM)
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Position Overview: As the Head of Account Based Marketing (ABM) at Apollo, you'll lead our ABM efforts, designing and implementing targeted marketing strategies to engage and nurture our key accounts. Working closely with the sales and marketing teams, you'll focus on driving alignment, tailoring our messaging and positioning, and optimizing the customer journey for our most valuable prospects and clients.
- Strategy & Planning: Design and execute the overarching ABM strategy based on company objectives and target accounts.
- Target Account Identification: Collaborate with the sales team to identify and prioritize high-value accounts for targeted marketing efforts.
- Program Design: Develop and tailor marketing programs that address the unique needs, interests, and challenges of the target accounts.
- Content Development: Oversee the creation of content that is relevant and tailored to the personas within the target accounts.
- Technology & Tools: Evaluate and implement ABM technology solutions that aid in effective targeting and personalization.
- Measurement & Analytics: Establish key metrics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the ABM strategy, making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Alignment with Sales: Support the enterprise sales team through close collaboration, ensuring that marketing and sales are synced in their efforts to engage and nurture key accounts.
- Budget Management: Manage and allocate the ABM budget, ensuring maximum ROI.
- Team Leadership & Development: Build, lead and mentor the ABM team, providing guidance, training, and feedback to ensure success.
- Strategic thinker: Ability to design and implement forward-thinking ABM strategies
- Analytical mindset: Strong data-analysis skills to make informed decisions
- Collaborative: Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams, especially sales
- Tech Savvy: Familiarity and proficient in current tech stack - as well as the latest ABM tools
- Content knowledge: Understanding of content creation and how to tailor it for specific audiences
- Leadership skills: Ability to lead, mentor, and develop a team effectively
- Excellent communication: Can articulate strategies, ideas, and results to various stakeholders
- Budget management: Demonstrated experience managing budgets effectively
- Adaptability: Ability to pivot strategies based on data and changing business needs
- Customer-centric: Always puts the customer’s needs and challenges at the forefront of decision-making
- Experience & demonstrated success building an ABM program from scratch within the PLG / B2B SaaS space
Objective: Increase top of funnel engagement with target accounts
- KR: Achieve a 25% increase in tier 1 + 2 account engagement (web visits, content interactions, webinars attended, etc.) by EO Q4
- KR: Create a programmatic ABM landing page for target accounts
Objective: Increase demos booked by target accounts
- KR: Achieve a 100 target account bookings by EO Q4 (need to establish TAL for baseline)
Objective: Expand existing tier 1 + 2 target account customers
- KR: Expand products used by existing target accounts by 20%
Objective: Increase revenue from target accounts
- KR: Achieve a 15% revenue growth from target accounts by EO Q1FY24
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!