Performance Marketing Manager
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Position Overview: Apollo is seeking a performance marketing manager who possesses a strong understanding of PPC media, campaign management, and optimization. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for managing and optimizing paid search campaigns in Google Ads and paid social campaigns in LinkedIn and Meta.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with digital marketing teams to build and manage campaigns—from strategizing offers, to developing advertising copy/creative, and measuring impact from the keyword down to the revenue level. You are an out-of-the-box creative problem solver who makes impactful decisions supported by data analysis and paid media best practices. If you’re hardworking, growth oriented and naturally curious—this role is meant for you!
- Plan, test, implement, and measure multi-channel media campaigns to drive inbound demand for Apollo.
- Manage day-to-day performance & optimization across several media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Ads with the goal of driving growth & efficiency.
- Perform in-depth audience research to develop new campaign ideas for paid search and paid social
- Data analysis and reporting: analyze performance data and report on results, including campaign results and spend recommendations.
- Rapidly iterate strategy & tactics based on findings.
- Strategize new customer segments, targets, and marketing strategies to expand budgets while maximizing the conversion rate and LTV/CAC ratio.
- Work with our CRO
- Identify new media opportunities to help scale profitably
- A hacker’s mentality. You obsess over finding novel ways to eke out as much yield from every channel as possible. You know how to spin up tests quickly, and when to double down.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and executing campaigns across paid social, SEM, and more. You have a rigorous framework for testing and scaling campaigns, but also can break the rules and think out of the box.
- Understanding and experience working with marketing and sales funnels, tracking ad performance down to the opportunity and revenue levels.
- Familiarity with attribution models, customer segmentation, and the use of test and learn strategies to optimize campaigns
- Analytical rigor across the entire funnel. Cohort analysis is second nature to you, and you know how to measure performance across the entire buyer’s journey.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple campaigns and programs running at the same time.
- Effective project management skills and ability to use data to guide decision-making.
- Strong understanding of marketing tech solutions such as pixels, tracking, web analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and others
- Hard-working self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Required: proficiency in building & managing ad campaigns in AdWords, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Demonstrated experience building & optimizing paid media campaigns in a PLG B2B SaaS/Tech environment
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify trends and insights through data analysis
• Increase mid-market & enterprise demos generated through paid search by 3X by EOY from 150/qtr to 450/qtr
• Build a scalable top-down acquisition motion to generate $250,000/month in pipeline through paid social by EOY
• Scale paid search spend by 50% while maintaining a ROAS of 3x
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!