Senior Backend Engineer (APAC, Remote)
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
- Design and implement highly scalable backend endpoints
- Gather product requirements and write design docs to satisfy product needs
- Drive/Lead full lifecycle of software development: product requirements, architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Mentor others on best practices and effectively share knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate development progress to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Be comfortable introducing new technologies and new ideas as required
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in scrum ceremony meetings, team parties, and manager 1:1s
- Provide feedback to co-workers in written and verbal form and respond to technical and behavioral feedback from managers and peers
- Proactively acts without being told what to do. Able to identify areas of improvement and driving best practices to deliver high quality, performant, and scalable solutions.
- Develops services that are highly available and scalable with proper monitoring and alerting in place.
- Able to up-level the team by sharing knowledge and best practices with the engineering team.
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Ownership of projects from start to finish. Just because the project has been deployed doesn’t mean it’s done.
- Organized and able to effectively plan and breakdown large projects into smaller tasks that are easier to estimate and deliver.
- Lets others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- A creative and innovative problem solver & previous experience working in an agile, startup environment.
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience in backend development, at least 3-4 years in senior positions, developing large-scale applications
- Experience developing distributed web applications
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
- Experience with database modeling (SQL or NoSQL both OK)
- Experience with using and designing RESTful services
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!