Senior QA Engineer (India, Remote)
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
As the Sr. QA Engineer, you will work on our quality engineering initiatives throughout the engineering organization. You will work closely with product development engineers and SRE with a diverse background and collaboratively build automation testing practices. Apollo Engineering strongly believes in allowing team members to take ownership of what they do, and our approach to problem-solving relies heavily upon creativity, communication, and collaboration.
As the Sr. QA Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Automation Testing
- Adhere to all aspects of QE processes and methodologies and ensure effectiveness and alignment to industry best practices
- Designing and developing QE artifacts for automation frameworks like Cypress
- Achieving QE objectives and deliverables to customers based on quality standards
- Prepare, review, and maintain testing documents (test plan, test cases, test reports,) to ensure complete test coverage
- Automating test cases based on product requirements
- Manage proper execution by the QE team on different types of testing (functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, etc)
- Internal Tools Ownership
- Building QE dashboard to report health metrics of code quality and testing coverage
- Enhancing Synthetic monitoring practices with tools like NewRelic
- Report and escalate issues with test environments. Must be able to work closely with Dev Ops and the internal clients to support deployment and testing of parallel releases for all channels and platforms
- Supporting engineers on internal tools, systems, and processes
- Project Tasks
- Drive quality engineering activities within scrum teams and teach teams how to ensure better Quality (test case preparation/execution/automation, environment setup, installation, etc)
- Task prioritizations and project level estimation
- Use of modern project management software such as JIRA to organize epics, stories and tickets and track progress.
- Requirements gathering required for projects.
- Manage or prepare customer demo presentations for project deliverables when needed
- Providing estimates and plans required for feature development
- Breaking larger tasks down into smaller tasks and identifying the order in which they should be completed
- Using agile project management techniques like stand-ups and weekly sprint planning
- Drive non-functional testing within team to test performance/migrations/data testing/workers/schedulers
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Mentor the Fellow Associate QE to grow in direction of QE
- Communicate technical ideas to software developers in written and verbal formats.
- Provide strategic testing initiatives for projects to introduce efficient techniques and test productivity improvements
- Work and collaborate with other teams across different offices of the company to achieve organizational objectives when needed
- Manage risks and deliverables to ensure that the testing activities remain within agreed scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
Job Skills & Experience:
- 5+ experience as Software QE
- 2+ years of experience of related experience working in a production environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related qualifications
- Develop, maintain and execute smoke, regression, functional, performance, and other test cases.
- Experiences in web services, batch/extract file processing, microservice api level testing(automation)
- Experience with basic SQL
- Expert knowledge of software testing, quality improvement, quality process, quality assurance methodologies, and best practices.
- Experiences in web services, batch/extract file processing, microservice api level testing
- Experience in Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with non functional testing - cross browser testing, migration testing, security, performance and load testing
- Familiarity with rails console(Ruby on rails application)
- Modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies and techniques.
- Ability to recognize errors and assess risks within applications and or processes
- Capacity to perform independently & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Synthetic Monitoring and Metrics gathering with tools like NewRelic, GCP Logging, Datadog
- Familiarity with Linux Containers and Virtualization (Docker), Kubernetes, Docker Compose.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and technical reasoning
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other engineering teams
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by software engineers in a modern engineering department
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!