Field Marketing Manager
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Apollo.io is seeking a results-driven Field Marketing Rockstar who thrives in a fast-paced environment to contribute to pipeline creation, and grow the Apollo brand. Reporting to the Director of Field Marketing, the Field Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing our hosted, and partner events strategy. The ideal candidate is a modern marketer that has demonstrated meeting revenue-based goals through integrated event programs to generate sales accepted opportunities.
They will be an integral part of the Apollo Community team and also partner closely with our CRO and GTM leadership to establish a tight loop between Growth and Sales, both pre- and post-event. This person is expected both to execute event strategy and the tactics for sponsored and hosted events in the US and Canada.
- Strategize, plan, and coordinate major company events (e.g. industry trade shows, hosted field events, and partnered events) to include venue selection, contract negotiation, speakers, sponsors, invitees, logistics, AV & webinar setup, registration, email blasts, direct mailers, budget reconciliation, e-marketing systems management, swag requests, etc.
- Organize and host online and in-person events that create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing opportunities and deepen our customer relationships
- Fully own our biannual marquee virtual event “Olympus”, and associated in-person roadshow extended events
- As part of the community team be accountable for a pipeline goal, sales accepted opportunities, and supporting of event sponsorship for our community partners
- Track lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up with event attendees and campaign responders in a timely manner
- Manage budget development and setting of ROI targets for each event
- Responsible for the entire event from promotion, attendance to follow-up with lead-pipeline capture. Work closely with the sales and sales development teams on pre-event communications and event lead follow-up
- Solicit internal and external feedback and manage post-event program evaluations to ensure learnings, results, ROI, and areas for improvement are effectively captured
- Create unique event experiences/experiments that communicate the company’s ethos in service of its value proposition and GTM motions with an ability to track metrics to show ROI for the goal of scaling the field marketing team
- Project management of materials creation, staffing, on-site set-up, and logistics, working with a range of stakeholders, including agency partners, product and field marketing teams, and executive staff
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop and implement an integrated strategy that combines email marketing, paid media, direct mail, and other field marketing channels you see fit, such as account-based and product and partner marketing teams
- Track results of all campaign activity and making recommendations for future activity (KPI’s, budgets/financial returns, ROI, planning, sizing)
- +3 years of experience in field/event marketing role including trade show planning, attendance, and reporting at a SaaS organization
- Highly Organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated with project management experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to manage resources, budgets, and onsite personnel
- Experience partnering with a Mid-Market and SMB sales team
- You are metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data, including pipeline reporting in CRM’s such as Salesforce or Looker
- Strong cross-collaboration skills: knows how to interact with senior leaders (VP-level, CxO, MD) at public & private companies, demand generation, marketing operations, and other team needed to help execute field marketing initiatives
- Capable of traveling frequently for on-site event management for events in North America (35% annual travel)
What Else You Bring To The Team
- Passion for Apollo Values to Help, Innovate, Have Fun
- You have an ambitious “figure stuff out” attitude. You might not always know all the answers, but you’re eager to learn and figure it out.
- A passion for Field Marketing and working with sales to generate pipeline and drive the business
- A positive attitude, friendly outgoing demeanor, and willingness to take a few risks
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, innovation and creativity, and an innate ability to think outside of the box
- Strong English communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable in supporting and working with global customers across many time zones
- Experience with CRM tools such as Hubspot, Salesforce, and Notion (or similar)
- Experience with Event related CRM tools such as Reachdesk, and Goldcast (or similar)
- Experience implementing integrated campaigns across multiple locations
- Experience managing budgets and are comfortable with tracking numbers
- Strong project management and organizational skills, leaving no detail untouched
- Understanding of the foundations of field marketing and how events can play a critical part in moving the business forward
- Strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable managing expectations and keeping teams on track
- Comfortable working on a large marketing team across time zones
- Experience working in hyper-growth global SaaS, B2B organizations
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!