Sr. Quality Engineering Manager
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
We are looking for a Sr. QE Manager with experience in software quality in a high-growth company. You will lead from the front with the primary focus on designing/tracking the high business impact quality Metrics and processes by continuously improving product quality regarding stability, functionality, and performance. You must have hands-on experience managing critical issues, assessing problems and providing thoughtful solutions while keeping a calm demeanour. He/She will be point of contact to the Quality Engineering of Apollo.io worldwide and must therefore be comfortable and confident liaising with remote teams and senior leaders. Managing and guiding a high-performing QA team is also part of your responsibilities.
As the Sr. Quality Engineering Manager, you will work on:
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive quality assurance policies and procedures to ensure the quality and reliability of product
- As the Sr Manager of QE , your responsibility is to guarantee that each project delivered to the business meets the QA KPI targets
- Manage testing activities by assigning resources and supervising the execution of test cases
- Work together with engineering squads to address the defects and guarantee the delivery of top-notch products
- Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for quality assurance and present them to relevant parties - Take corrective measures if any discrepancies are identified
- Collaborate with the Test automation team to automate test cases - The goal is the testing will be automated and requires close collaboration between the Quality Engineering and Development teams to achieve this in every project release
- Coordinate QA test result sign-off and UAT handover
- To continuously improve the quality of production systems, participate in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for production issues and guide squads to update test cases accordingly and strategy to improve Quality Engineering KPI’s
Job Skills & Experience:
- 12+ years of experience with 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance with at least 3+ years in a managerial role
- Experience in managing high volume or high risk/complex projects QA executions
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide regular updates to stakeholders and leadership
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to maintain comprehensive documentation
- Proven ability to drive testing strategy for Saas companies
- Report and drive increased test automation coverage in all areas
- Communicate and coordinate with Development team, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and external stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related qualifications
- Excellent understanding of automation testing and frameworks
- Expert knowledge of software testing, quality improvement, quality process, quality assurance methodologies, and best practices.
- Solid experience in Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies and techniques.
- Synthetic Monitoring and Metrics gathering with tools like NewRelic, GCP Logging, Datadog
- Familiarity with Linux Containers and Virtualisation (Docker)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, Github actions.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!