Cyber Security Engineer
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
About the role:
The Cyber Security Engineer will improve and track Apollo’s security monitoring systems. They will be responsible for investigating and resolving security issues, running incident processes and finding and resolving vulnerabilities.
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities:
- Improve our security monitoring capabilities
- Develop and roll out our Vulnerability Management Plan.
- Detect, analyze and follow-up discovered vulnerabilities up to remediation.
- Be aware of new threats and drive the implementation of countermeasures.
- Set up and configure protective technologies like vulnerability scanners, IDS, SIEM, WAF, cloud security, and antimalware software.
- Perform analysis of logs from a variety of sources (e.g., network traffic, hosts, application, databases, proxies) to identify and investigate potential threats.
- Optimize our incident response
- Develop and roll out our Incident Response Plan by driving initiatives that improve our capabilities to respond and remediate security events faster.
- Support and lead security incident response in a cross-functional collaboration environment driving towards incident resolution.
- Build Security Orchestration and Automated Response capabilities.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in information security with exposure to implementing security controls across all security domains such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, etc.
- Hands-on experience in security operations and incident response.
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise security architecture and tools.
- Experience with at least one SIEM, and various EDR and security technologies.
- Industry-related security certification is preferred (CEH, Security+, CISM, CISSP).
- Exposure or being knowledgeable of cloud environments is preferred (AWS, GCP).
- Technical competence with automation Python, JS, Ruby or similar, is preferred.
- Analytical thinking, time management, and coordination skills.
- Good written and spoken English proficiency.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!