Director, Content Marketing
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Apollo is looking for a world-class content leader to join our team as the Director of Content Marketing.
In this role, you’ll lead and grow our content marketing team to create exceptional content that helps Apollo’s customers be successful at everything go-to-market. You’ll lead content creation across a variety of channels and mediums, including live webinars, video, the Apollo Magazine, case studies, and more. Your goal will be to activate and retain Apollo’s users by creating exceptionally valuable and engaging content.
You’ll inherit an incredible team of 3 content marketers, and use your leadership skills and B2B content marketing wizardry to grow this team and bring a new level of quality, scale and efficacy to the team’s work.
This role reports to the VP of Content Marketing & Product Education. The ideal candidate for this position has an extraordinary portfolio of content they’ve both created and led the creation of, and can point to clear business outcomes for everything in their portfolio.
You must be an extraordinary project manager, strategic thinker, writer, creative, collaborator and communicator, be comfortable adjusting to changing priorities, and skilled working cross-functionally as part of a larger organization to deliver tangible results. A background in b2b sales is a strong plus.
- Create and execute an exceptional content strategy that fuels Apollo’s growth and success
- Manage, develop and inspire the content marketing team to do their best work through extraordinary leadership
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing Ops and Product Analytics to create robust reporting on the efficacy of various content programs
- Work cross-functionally with Product Marketing and Product leadership to provide content support for all major marketing campaigns and product launches
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all Apollo content programs and establish Apollo as the leading go-to-market brand for SMB’s
- Lead and develop a high-performing team of content marketers who consistently deliver business results
This role is fully remote (but must be based in the US) and will require occasional travel.
- 10+ years of experience in b2b marketing with at least 5 years in a content marketing leadership role
- 5+ years of experience at a high-growth b2b company, preferably with a product-led growth motion
- A portfolio of extraordinary content across a variety of mediums, all of which drove tangible business results
- The ability to measure and report on the efficacy and impact of your team’s work
- Exceptional writing and editing skills across a variety of mediums and formats
- Excellent leadership skills and a background of motivating, developing, and retaining the best content marketers in the world
- SEO experience and a strong portfolio of top-ranking content is a strong plus
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!