Sr Manager, Purchasing & Payables
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Our Sr Manager, Purchasing & Payables will be responsible for designing, planning, and implementing sourcing and purchasing strategies. This role has responsibility for all current and to be established entities on a global basis. In addition, this role will also manage all components of the accounts payable function (to the extent that a solid control environment allows of course). The Sr Manager, Purchasing & Payables will work with suppliers and internal departments and will report into our VP, Global Controller.
This is a very key and foundational addition to an accounting team that is being built from the ground up. Leverage your prior experiences and build things the right way in a very fast paced growth-phase SaaS startup!
- Design, implement and maintain a global purchasing function using Zip and Navan, including the creation of purchase reqs/orders and the processing of vendor invoices
- Engage and establish business partnerships with cross-functional leadership across the organization to collaborate, influence, and drive purchasing strategies
- Work closely with Legal and Accounting teams to ensure compliance and controls across purchasing agreements and processes
- Measure and assess contract cost performance vs. negotiated terms
- Gather data and analyze spend history to find efficiency and reduction opportunities
- Track renewal dates and help facilitate renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with business owners and vendors to prioritize and monitor efficient and cost-effective negotiations
- Analyze purchasing data and metrics and provide reporting and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership
- Interface with our external auditors
- Ensure all tax filings are done in a timely and accurate manner in collaboration with Tax team
- Build a strong control environment and work with an eye towards future SOX compliance and always keep change management frameworks top of mind
- Maintain a constant state of urgency and flexibility and keep an eye towards future scalability
- 7 – 10+ years of relevant experience with a mix of public company and private company (startup) work
- Track record of either building or heavily influencing the build of a purchasing function, from processes to people and ultimately systems
- Experience with global arenas and ability to support localizations
- Proven negotiation skills
- Hands on experience in budgeting and purchasing management
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting manner
- Experience supporting auditors
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities are needed, along with the ability to work independently to manage situations and challenges
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!