Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Your Role & Mission As a Marketing Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement and drive best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship, and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career. You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with marketing, product, design, software engineers, and members in teams outside of Engineering. You enjoy working cross functionally to solve hard problems and make an impact. At Apollo, you strive for quality, and are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. You have a drive to constantly investigate performance improvements and innovative ideas.
Our tech stack is mainly React/NextJS hosted on Netlify for the marketing site, but you’ll often find yourself working in Apollo’s main app as well which is React/Redux/NodeJS on the frontend, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure.
- Working closely with design and content to create landing pages; sometimes utilizing all existing components, and sometimes requiring the creation of completely new ones as needs change.
- Lighthouse and pagespeed score optimizations.
- SEO updates / optimizations and keeping an eye on how that changes over time as google updates their algorithm for page ranking.
- Option to take on other projects tangentially related to marketing here, such as the backend for the SEO page generation app, working within marketing tools such as hubspot or mutiny, or deep diving into analytics and A/B testing.
- Curious - Sometimes we will face a problem without a clear solution. You need to be the type of person who is curious about the why behind issues and understanding the full picture before suggesting the best solution.
- Relentless - Sometimes we face a problem that ends up being difficult to resolve, what you think must be the answer turns out not to be which can become frustrating. You must be relentless in the pursuit of the solution, as the solution doesn’t always turn out to be easy or quick.
- Creative - Due to the things listed above, creativity in coming up with solutions to issues or in new ideas of how to do existing things is a big help.
- Fast-Paced - The marketing org can often be a fast-paced environment and its important to be able to move quickly on a task, as well as quickly from task to task.
- Self-Starter - Sometimes we are asked for things on a timeframe where design isn’t able to provide us with designs for the requested changes. Being able to pull from your experience and elsewhere on the site for a best guess change based on sometimes loose requirements can be important.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!