Director, Product Marketing
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Apollo.io Product Marketing team is responsible for bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our offering. The director, product marketing should be our subject matter expert for sales use cases, leading a team that cultivates audience messaging and serves as a champion of our prospects’ needs to help shape our strategic marketing campaigns, sales enablement, customer journey, and product roadmap.
In this role you will need to be an all-star team leader with a proven track record creating strong partnerships across sales, marketing and product. Deep familiarity with sales, full-funnel sales processes, and the sales tech landscape is a must. If you’re looking to be an instrumental part of Apollo’s growth story, read on!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of seasoned product marketers owning Apollo’s core sales use cases (building pipeline, closing business, and improving operations) as well as associated products and features
- Model customer obsession as a player coach: engage with current and prospective customers, champion their needs and motivations in brand and roadmap, and guide the team to evangelize new sales concepts and how to get the most from Apollo
- Design and maintain an end-to-end customer journey for sales personas with revenue leadership; use it implement acquisition, activation, and expansion motions
- Own a calendar of deeply-defined guidance for GTM/Sales process to fuel integrated marketing initiatives and tactics to reach sales personas
- Collaborate with sales and other customer-facing functions to develop proactive enablement materials, value tools, and plays that boost our ability to win deals, consult customers, and add value to their Apollo experience
- Elevate insights with product to influence a winning roadmap; partner to launch specific product offerings with compelling messaging, use case alignment, and proof of value
- Identify and support thought leadership themes and messages for sales audiences
- Provide support on key deals with materials and in live meetings
- You have a minimum of 10 total years of relevant experience (technology marketing, sales, or consulting) and 5+ years of direct product marketing experience with a track record of advancement and team leadership
- You’ve led a team of PMMs in a SaaS business—you know how to set a vision, coach and develop experienced marketing professionals, and hire A-players to build your team
- You can create, manage, and measure integrated marketing programs and launch activity across a customer journey (eg: acquisition, activation, and expansion)
- You’ve worked in a PLG context and have hands-on experience impacting activation and adoption metrics with your product marketing team
- You’ve worked on informing certification, user conference, or other deeply useful content for end users—providing not just the “what” and the “why,” but the “how” to users doing a job
- You have executive presence and can convey a cohesive GTM plan to colleagues at all levels
- You thrive in high-growth startup environments; you’re collaborative, adaptable, and resourceful
- You take full ownership of your domain
- You are a strong enablement partner; if they could, your GTM partners would clone you
- You know the sales technology space and/or have personal experience in sales; you deeply understand sales process, roles, motivations, and technologies
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!