Outpatient Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist (Remote)
Brave Health utilizes the power of technology to expand access to high quality mental health and substance use disorder treatment. Through telehealth services we are able to reach those in need who may not have access to treatment in an office setting.
We are currently looking for a child and adolescent psychiatrist (full-time) to join our growing team. At Brave Health, we see children, adolescents, and adult patients for outpatient general mental health care as well as substance use disorder treatment, including MAT, in a telehealth platform. With our 100% virtual model, we are seeking a psychiatrist who is passionate about telehealth and the opportunities that arise with virtual patient care. If you are excited by the intersection of quality care, technology, and patient access, this may be the role for you. This position is remote in nature, allowing you the ability to work from home. This position will include working collaboratively with our clinical team, including our Nurse Practitioners (NPs).
The psychiatrist will serve as a collaborator for our NPs, providing clinical guidance as needed, in addition to carrying their own patient caseload. You will work closely with our Clinical Supervisors to assist with the review of internal policies/ practice guidelines, chart review/audits, case consultation, and general guidance to improve clinical outcomes. There is opportunity for growth within the organization as we are expanding.
This is a full-time position with a set schedule between Monday-Friday. Possibility to start at 8am, 9am, or 9:30am.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for serving those in need
- Adaptable to technology, including telehealth software, comfortable with video communication and the use of EHR’s.
- Responsive to texts, phone calls, and emails during business hours.
- Prior experience in a collaborative role with Nurse Practitioners preferred
- Experience in Addiction, SMI, SUD, Dual Diagnosis
- Experience working with children and adolescent psychiatry patients
- Active DEA # and DEA X #
- Awareness of and compliance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- MD or DO Currently licensed in Texas, Florida, New York, or Illinois.. Willing to work with our internal credentialing team to obtain additional state licenses.
- Board certified in Psychiatry required; child/adolescent psychiatry board certified a plus
- An active DEA #, current BLS
- Experience with and knowledge of managed care, Medicaid and private payers
- Prior Supervising/Collaborative Physician Experience with Nurse Practitioners a plus
- Experience in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Treatment
- Prior telehealth experience a plus
- Eligibility to work in the United States. We are not able to provide or assist with visas or attaining work eligibility
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages a plus, particularly Spanish
Job Type: Full-time