Head of Global Talent Acquisition
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
What you'll do
Build a world-class Talent Acquisition function covering both Tech and Non-tech roles – hire, manage and mentor a team of agile, bold and innovative TA specialists whose obsession is to support our business partners reach their goals.
Reporting: The role reports into the SVP of people
- Design and deliver on a Talent Acquisition strategy – truly understand Careem’s vision and goals; and build a strategy to support our ambitious regional plans (strategy by job family, level, geography, etc. with tactics on acquiring talent for each segment).
- Define and grow our employer brand – we are looking for someone creative and tech savvy to align our target colleague value proposition to our employer brand with a focus on engineering/tech communities as well as more traditional commercial talent pools.
- Grow our bench strength – create competitive advantage for Careem by proactively building our talent pools globally.
- Be a functional guru – we will look to you to provide best practice, insights, and know how on anything and everything relating to cutting edge talent acquisition approach and processes.
- Report and monitor growth and progress – create and share live dashboards and reports which will monitor talent acquisition and business progress across key well-defined hiring metrics so that we are always fully aware of how this most critical aspect of our growth is being managed and progressed.
- Plan as we scale – this is a strategic role and you will need to act as both an enabler and a counsellor for our commercial and technical leads when it comes to planning how their teams will grow both in size and shape.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Metrics to be aligned with SVP of people. Examples include: % of workforce planned fulfilled, offer acceptance rate, time to fill, time to hire, time in process step, interview to hire ratio, net hiring score (quality metric), etc.
What you'll need
- Scale-up experience - we’ve just hit our 10 year anniversary and are looking to scale; experience in a high growth tech scale up is preferred
- Extensive mixed in-house and agency experience in the MENAP region is a bonus; less than 10 years experience in Talent Acquisition probably won’t be enough to set you up for success, but if you think you’ve got what it takes though we won’t rule you out on this basis.
- You will need to practise servant leadership, lead from the ground up and be comfortable with hands-on execution to upgrade the existing foundations in place.
- You will need to be able to work in a fast-paced, unstructured environment and have strong stakeholder management, problem structuring and solving skills that cater to Careem’s context.
- You will need to be passionate, driven and full of conviction to be successful in this role.
- Fantastic relationship building acumen – engaging at all levels is key for the role-holder. You need to be able to drive and manage change, and sell a compelling vision.
- Strong planning and analytical capability – we need you to be able to support Careem to plan our talent as we scale, this means knowing your way around an excel sheet and state of the art reporting tools.
- Data-driven - we need you to delve into the data; analyse it, ensure it is clean, and leverage it for decision making and continuous reporting on metrics that matter to track progress and areas of improvement.
- A love of technology – we are a tech business at heart and in the Talent Acquisition function you will need to lead by example. The right candidate will know their ATS from their CRM and will be hungry to take advantage of innovative applications that will create efficiency and visibility.
- Experience managing and growing a team (minimum 30 members) capable of hiring for scale and complexity – this is a critical leadership role for Careem and you must have experience of leading and managing teams across multiple geographies.
- Deep functional expertise – your credibility will come from your ability to talk confidently about standardised workflows, job analysis, salary benchmarking, creative sourcing, your own personal network and world class process.
- Relentless positivity – we are a young, fun, ambitious team and maintaining this culture is important to us. If you can’t see the upside when the going gets tough then this probably isn’t the right role for you.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?