Senior Software Engineer I - iOS
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Join us as we solve some of the most difficult problems that our region faces at scale while creating stellar experiences for our Customers, Captains (drivers) and Merchants. You will have a chance to work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
By applying here you will be considered for multiple similar positions within Careem across several teams and if you are successful we will match you to the best fit role based on your career and personal preferences.
What you'll do
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications in Swift.
- Write high quality, performant and reliable code while working on defined tasks/bugs independently.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases, and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
- Participate in the team’s agile and engineering practices and contribute to their continuous evolution.
What you'll need
- 4+ years of iOS application development with extensive use of Swift
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- Full understanding of the mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, and publishing iOS apps in the Appstore.
- Reactive programming (RxSwift/Combine) is necessary.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience working with remote teams in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines similar to Bitrise.
- Experience with SwiftUI and structured concurrency.
- Working knowledge of developing scalable SDKs and libraries.
- Experience applying professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.