Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Team
The Communications Executive for KSA protects and enhances Careem’s reputation by communicating Careem’s growth and impact to customers, colleagues, Captains and communities in KSA, while positioning Careem as an industry thought leader, a great place to work, and a positive contributor to regional development. This role will also support the wider communication team with external communications across Careem’s markets.
What you'll do
- Work with the Associate Director of Communications, KSA, to support the development of an ambitious communication strategy for Saudi Arabia
- Develop communication plans to announce new product/service launches, partnerships, business developments
- Draft press releases, social media content, and thought leadership content, including for the Careem blog
- Prepare spokesperson briefs for media interviews (print, digital, broadcast, social media).
- Manage a media list for KSA spanning print, digital, broadcast, and social media reporters/editors
- Distribute press releases, follow-up by phone, pitch news stories
- Support the organization of media gatherings and ideate new and innovative ways to further strengthen Careem’s relationships with the media in KSA
- Ad-hoc communications support for other Careem markets
- Support with the organization and management of central communications content and procedures
- Collaborate with the Social Media team within Corporate Affairs to provide insights on KSA that will help the team tailor Careem’s strategy to engage and grow the vibrant community of online followers across Careem’s core global corporate social media accounts: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok
- Maintain a database of relevant micro and influencers/key opinion leaders for seeding and amplification of content
Media monitoring and analysis
- Work with a media monitoring agency to monitor and record media coverage in KSA and other GCC markets to meet annual targets for external media coverage
- Compile and prepare coverage reports when needed
- Compile the weekly corporate affairs report for leadership
- Support the development of content for cross-functional leadership forums and country All Hands events for colleagues in KSA
- Collaborate with Careem’s central Internal Communications team to provide regional content to global internal communications channels including Global All Hands, the intranet, and the CEO’s monthly communications to colleagues
Events, awards, communities
- Manage a list of events, awards and communities that are relevant to Careem in KSA
- Develop briefing documents for speaking opportunities for spokespeople
- Nominate Careem and its multiple services for relevant awards
- Support with crisis management monitoring, strategy and response
- Help develop position statements and support the Community Management team align communications for emerging crises to ensure uniformity of messages
Culture & Community
- Work closely with the global culture and community team and local leadership in the design and execution of events and activities.
What you'll need
- 2-4 years experience in PR/communications, ideally with agency or in-house communication role/s
- Bi-lingual with ability to draft excellent content in English and Arabic
- Experience using Excel and PowerPoint to manage data and develop compelling presentations
- Strong familiarity with the KSA market
- Familiarity with most widely-used social media platforms in KSA
- Alignment with Careem’s purpose and a commitment to living our values
- Sense of humor: Careem aims to do everything with a wink
- Energetic and tenacious self-starter with an inner drive to proactively engage and follow up relentlessly to drive impact rather than output
- A thinker, doer, and eager to learn and evolve
- A team player, but also able to work independently
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail is critical
Nice to have
- Network of relevant KSA journalist contacts
- Tech-sector experience
- understanding of communications measurement and evaluation
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?