Associate Director - Commercial & Special Projects
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem is looking for a passionate Associate Director - Commercial & Special Projects, who is driven by identifying and implementing strategic growth opportunities within the Ride Hailing sector, utilizing cross-functional teams.
As an Associate Director - Commercial & Special Projects, you will be working directly with the GM of Ride Hailing to identify key strategic projects that will drive growth and cover business needs that will enhance the service’s reliability. You will be expected to deal with numerous external stakeholders from the Public and Private sectors in KSA, in addition to internal stakeholders from various departments, to be able to achieve the projects’ outcomes.
You are expected to leverage your project management skills, stakeholder management skills, communication skills, data analytics skills, strategic planning skills and knowledge of KSA public and private sectors to be able to deliver high-value projects that will serve the Ride Hailing vertical, utilizing available resources.
What you'll do
- Design, pursue and lead special projects through to implementation with the support of the cross-functional teams
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders with top-tiered government partners and lead critical business negotiations
- Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, sales executives, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the team’s KPIs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
What you'll need
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving people's lives, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative, wowing customers, and acting like an owner.
- 5-7 years of experience delivering against ambitious KPIs
- Hands-on experience in project and program management
- Strong data orientation – someone who is always on top of key metrics and implications for the business
- Comfort with ambiguous and regularly changing environments
- Ability to craft and articulate solutions that create win-win outcomes with merchants
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Technology background and experience working in the region
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service, and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
Where you'll be
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?