Social Media Executive
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Role
The Social Media Executive will focus on leading strategy, content, social commerce, collaboration, best practices, and innovation, as well as overseeing execution for Careem Jordan.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic team player with deep expertise in social media marketing while being a content creator at heart. They’re experienced working cross-functionally to ideate and execute exciting and innovative social media content and initiatives that drive brand love and deliver on strategic business objectives. They will work closely with multiple departments including business verticals, functions and markets, supporting the overall social media strategy.
What you will do
Strategy and social media management
- Support on the Jordan social media strategy and management and optimisation
- Partner with the different Careem vertical teams and marketing teams to execute social media campaigns, content calendars, organic content ideation and production
- Envision new opportunities to bring the brand to life and drive social buzz around new product launches, tentpoles and cultural moments
- Collaborate with paid media team to ensure earned and owned activities work hard across the marketing funnel
- Serve as a thought leader in the team, collaborating closely with internal stakeholders including marketing, creative, brand, digital, corporate, account managers, and others to bring Careem’s verticals and sub-brands to life through social media.
- Collaborate with other social media leads on campaigns and content with ongoing support and knowledge/insight sharing
- Monitor, measure, and analyse the effectiveness of initiatives; make recommendations to optimize performance; communicate wins across the organization
- Keep a pulse on new and emerging trends and platforms—testing, learning and experimenting in ways that feel authentic to the brand.
- Lead on content ideation and creation for social media in the Jordan
- Work closely with verticals and sub-functions to identify content opportunities and lead on the execution of content based on briefs
- Test innovative social content approaches to advance channel-specific KPIs and explore emerging platforms
- Collaborate on the creative and strategic direction of social content
- Direct social media shoots and be present on-ground to create content for video content
- Proactive made-for-social content ideation and creation
- Lead on content production for Corporate Affairs (Employer Brand, Culture & Community) for the Jordan office
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic and operational knowledge of social channel management including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and Twitter
- Strong creative thinker who can ideate around an existing concept and develop stories relevant to our audience
- Strong knowledge of social creative trends
- Thought leadership around emerging social channels
- Experience with social listening tools & KPI reporting
- Hands-on experience in creating social content up to brand standards
- 3-5 Years of Experience in Social Media
- Knowledge and experience in content creation
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Creative Strategic Thinker
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is mandatory
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?