Senior Product Manager
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the role
As a Product Manager in the Food team, you will lead and own exciting features, products and services for our Customers. We are looking for a Product Manager who wants to build products that will be loved by our customers, who is focused, agile, well-organized and exceptionally collaborative (and we offer the same in return). This is an individual contributor role that requires exceptional analytical skills. You will have an opportunity to drive the conceptualisation, development and rapid testing of new features that will help us in creating personalized experiences for our customers to enhance the conversion and engagement on our app.
What you'll do
- Manage the entire feature lifecycle, starting with planning and OKRs, all the way to managing backlog and agile iterations.
- Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as improvements to existing products with the goal of improving conversion and orders per user
- Take the lead and work to optimize our funnel and increase orders per user
- Help contribute to creating a compelling vision, mission, and roadmap for our product portfolio that energizes and builds momentum within the teams.
- Clarify requirements from business stakeholders and validate them against user needs and tech effort, including company goals (write product requirement documents etc.)
- Possess customer empathy and a curiosity mindset. Define customer value propositions based on personas or market segments (design thinking approach).
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders on product features and acting as the main point of contact for any enquiries.
- Gather and use quantitative and qualitative data, creating hypotheses and making informed product decisions, testing assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
- Perform user lab testing and user interviews, to synthesize insights and feedback and disseminate that knowledge into the tech teams, building better products.
What you'll need
- Experience working in a Product role of which at least 5 years in the Food/Grocery space or the broader e-commerce space
- Experience in the customer side of the business, with onboarding or post-order domains
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes (e.g. sprints, kanban etc.)
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders, partners and executive management.
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?