Senior Manager - Marketplace
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
We are looking for a passionate Senior Manager - Marketplace to take the lead in driving data driven initiatives to bring about improvement in KPIs and build upon future strategy . You will be working closely with the Food Operations team and management to create impact in the markets. It’s a critical role for the success of Careem and includes several dimensions.
What you'll do
- Your key responsibilities will include Reliability of service, Retention of captains, Engagement initiatives and budget spend.
- Own the country setup and configurations to optimize customer experience, supply growth and performance.
- Use a data driven approach to analyze the end to end journey from app opening to order completion, and drive initiatives to ensure best marketplace KPIs
- Coordinate with all operations teams to ensure our captain supply acquisition, retention, engagement and customer experience is all intermingling smoothly resulting in the best marketplace health
- We are building multiple networks: restaurants, users and Captains(drivers). You are responsible for quality, performance, reliability and optimization of these.
- You will be responsible to manage a remote team with close coordination to ensure smooth execution of tasks and skills uplift of the team
- Your will be responsible for managing the performance updates with top leadership as well - presenting impact analysis pertinent to actions which brought about improvement
What you'll need
- MBA/MS/BS/BBA qualified
- 5-7 years of experience in data driven/ business oriented roles
- SQL and Tableau skills are preferred
- Adept in Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated, team player and manager
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.