Product Manager - Integrity
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
As a Risk Product Manager, you will be at the forefront of Careem’s fraud prevention infrastructure - building and refining tools to eliminate fraud and financial crime, while enabling safe and smooth super app experiences - for good users.
- Develop robust integrity and risk product and tools, through successful collaboration with data, engineering and operations teams.
- Effectively collaborate with business lines to prioritise a portfolio of trust-augmenting projects and initiatives.
- Implement tools that enable Careem business integrity and fraud prevention strategy across the MENA region.
- Clearly define roadmaps,and ensure delivery adherence to objectives, scope and timelines in a fast-moving environment.
- Work closely with external partners such as PSPs and card networks for management of specific risk capabilities.
- Lead the anti-fraud vendors assessment, relations, pilots, integrations, and performance.
- Keep abreast of fraud prevention and detection techniques, methods, as well as market solutions and innovations.
- Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must.
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and operating in a fast-changing super app environment.
- Ability to grasp large amounts of unstructured information and generate short, actionable insights.
- Meticulous attention to detail, structured and data-driven.
- Strong product management experience, preferably in payments fraud, working closely with engineering, data science, operations.
- Demonstrated success in launching and scaling risk products leveraging API’s, embedded SDK’s or toolkits in a fast delivery environment.
- Knowledge and experience in risk, fraud prevention, business integrity or trust capacity.
- Deep knowledge of payment infrastructure topics such as payment gateway integrations, tokenization, card issuing and acquiring, 3DS, card scheme rules.
- Hands-on experience with risk tools such as scoring models, rules engines, identity verification and related market solutions.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?