Operations Manager - Bike
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem BIKE (a Careem Vertical) is now in Madinah KSA - introducing the first public network of electric bicycles and scooters. We are excited to help improve quality of life and encourage healthier living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Careem BIKE stations in Medina advance Saudi Arabia’s sustainability agenda which is being delivered through Vision 2030 and the Saudi Green Initiative. We are looking for talented colleagues to join us in this exciting journey.
What you'll do
As an Operations Manager for Bike Operations in Madinah Saudi Arabia, you will be responsible for leading a new team in the very first Careem Bike Operations in KSA and the first electric bikeshare network in Madinah. You should be able to handle mobilization and actual operations smoothly and with high standards.
- Lead the day to day Bike Operations making sure that the network is working as it should meeting the KPI for Stations and Bike Availability.
- Manage the operations team: assigning accountabilities, monitoring key results and endorse corrective actions where needed.
- Forecasting workforce needs in line with growth targets.
- Monitoring of market performance and revenue.
- Track and aim to reduce monthly expenses of the business, without compromising customer experience or quality.
- Lead annual planning exercises with Strategic Finance team
- Collaborating with regulators to ensure uninterrupted smooth operation of the business.
- Having a keen eye for competitive landscape to constantly innovate
- Proactively identifying issues that could impact successful execution of the business priorities and take immediate remedial action.
- Defining and monitoring governance cadence, elevating issues and framing/positioning ideas to resolve problems/ mitigate risk
- Managing and liaising with external partners and government authorities to create a sustainable business.
What you'll need
- You should have at least 5 years’ experience in professional business
- Operational experience preferably in micro-mobility or bike sharing/ or similar environment
- Analytical and strategic skills
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Thinks outside the box (creative)
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?