Senior Legal Counsel
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
We are looking for a highly experienced, commercially-minded Senior Legal Counsel who will have oversight and responsibility for legal matters relating to Careem Saudi Arabia based in KSA.
What you’ll do
- Advising senior business stakeholders of Careem KSA and working closely with Careem’s General Counsel
- Managing complex transactions from across the Careem network
- Interacting with Saudi government authorities and regulators
- Leading on contract reviews and negotiations
- Formulating legal risk management strategies for Careem KSA
What you'll need
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional requirements include:
- Law degree from a top university
- Fluent in English and Arabic (both oral and written)
- Strong KSA local law knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of legal experience in KSA is mandatory
- 6 years PQE, with a minimum of 2 years experience at an international law firm
- Corporate, commercial or finance experience preferred but not required
- The ability to prioritize and multitask, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A methodical, proactive approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, exciting and non-hierarchical environment
Where you'll be
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?