Quality Assurance Engineer II
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
The candidate will support the QA function for a squad within Careem.
The successful candidate will be passionate and an experienced QA Engineer. They will be brimming with enthusiasm and have brilliant ideas.
Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Executing & evaluating manual and/or automated test cases and report test results
- Holding & facilitating test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Holding & facilitating bug triaging meetings with cross-functional team members
- Holding & facilitating root cause analysis meetings with cross-functional team members
- Identifying any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues as needed
- Ensuring that validated deliverables meet requirements
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following.
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Passionate about quality delivery
- A keen interest in QA/Testing technology
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of focus, task-oriented and importantly, a team player
Knowledge and experience in:
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of testing methodologies; V-Model, Waterfall, BDD
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of testing techniques; Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, State Transition, Use Case
- Strong practical knowledge and experience in Ad-Hoc, Exploratory and Risk based testing
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of creating test plans from requirements
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of defect management
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of root cause analysis
- A Computer Science degree, equivalent qualification or practical experience
- Practical knowledge and experience of automation; Appium, Cucumber, Espresso, JMeter, Postman, Rest-assured, Selenium, Tavern, XCUI
- Practical knowledge and experience of continuous integration; Cruise Control, Hudson, Jenkins
- Practical knowledge and experience of distributed version control system; GIT, Mercurial
- Practical knowledge and experience of testing in the “cloud”
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?