Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the role
Careem Express is a vertical within the Careem ecosystem – a startup within a startup. We are responsible for fulfillment and last mile delivery for hundreds of merchants in a variety of industries including e-commerce, food, grocery and other areas. We are a small and passionate team that is building the next big vertical for Careem. Sales managers are at the core of Careem Express. They are our face to clients and we rely on them to build a strong pipeline and move with our business to the next level. They are responsible for growing demand in a sustainable way.
What you’ll do
- Business development - Acquire new accounts (prospecting, targeting, pitching, contract negotiations, go-live)
- Build the optimal sales strategy to ensure maximum lead generation and conversion
- Achieve monthly GMV targets through on boarding new merchants
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders
- Commercial understanding and handling negotiation with clients
- Coordinate with operations / logistics team internally for costing to make sure that the pitches are made at the right commercials
- Coordinate with Legal internally for contract closures
What you’ll need
- 3-4 years of sales management experience from Non food aggregator, E-commerce or on-demand logistics industry
- High performer – track record of generating revenue for businesses
- Business development mindset coupled with Operational detail orientation
- Target oriented & Problem solver
- Energetic and excited about joining a startup environment
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?