Senior Data Analyst I
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
The Careem Analytics team’s mission is to build and track the full lively picture for Careem businesses and experiences, uphold the experience bar, provide actionable insights, formulate problems and contribute to solving them. As part of this team, you will be a core team member fulfilling this mission. You will be working alongside the top analyst talent of the region, leveraging modern analysis and visualization tools to solve the region’s day to day problems.
What you'll do
- Act as the first point of contact to answer all business data queries
- Develop effective reporting solutions by utilizing engineering best practices and various reporting tools
- Participate in continuous improvement of these reporting solutions
- Drive and support your designated business unit by converting complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Present appropriate analysis and commentary to technical and non-technical audience
- Gain subject matter expertise and help define appropriate key metrics for the business unit and discover untapped areas for business improvement
- Provide concrete data-driven insights
- Test and communicate new features to users
- Run regular data integrity audits
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and a passion to work with large sets of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Expert at writing SQL queries against large amounts of data
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with good attention to detail
- Working knowledge with reporting tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy or Looker
- Working knowledge in Python, R, Spark, Hive
- Experience in ETL / ELT is a plus
- Experience working with dimensional data, data lakes is a plus
- Experience working with MPP databases like Redshift is a plus
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?