Senior Software Engineer II - Storage
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Role:
This role is in charge of keeping a company's databases available, secure and stable. They must constantly test the data that is coming from the database to ensure it is not corrupted. Most databases require constant updates to keep up with ever-changing computer technologies.
- Strong command of SQL and persistence storage technologies.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Familiarity with containerization concepts (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesos)
- Advanced knowledge of database security, patching, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Development skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 5 above years of experience in database systems on Scale.
- 3 above years of experience with development and problem solving.
- Must be hands on with any one of the high level OOP language.
- Expertise in SQL and NoSQL
- Worked as a people manager
- Previous solid record of leading calibration forums
- Experienced leader in compliance policy execution
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?