Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
CareemPay Compliance is responsible for leading a compliance program to document and maintain financial integrity & regulatory compliance for CareemPay products. The team is dedicated to continuous evaluation and assurance in meeting the regulatory requirements issued by the UAE Central Bank.
We are looking for experienced financial compliance specialists who will be an integral part of Careem’s inaugural journey into e-money services in the UAE. You need to be able to quickly understand Careem’s operating model, ask the right questions to local teams, spot regulatory gaps, and propose improvement.
This role will ensure continuous regulatory compliance and improvement across a wide range of product offerings and work closely with the Director CareemPay compliance to ensure seamless implementation of the compliance program.
What you'll do
- Ensure that the KYC or CDD policy is strictly adhered to with respect to the customer’s account.
- Verification and Scrutiny as per AML regulations before onboarding.
- Ensure meeting TAT along with the accuracy of KYC information in the system.
- Review Sanction screening alerts for all new customers at the onboarding stage and on going basis.
- Perform analysis of potential matches against sanctions lists alerted through sanctions screening of customers and transactions.
- Freeze the account of any terrorist match on the International Sanction lists.
- Review Sanction screening alerts for all online sanction screening on transfers (P2P).
- Assist in the preparation of all reports/MIS relating to Compliance/AML and
- ensure that the same is provided in a timely manner.
- Monitoring of outward remittance screening alerts
- Review alerts generated in AML surveillance System.
- Analyzing transaction patterns and counterparties to ascertain the consistency of the same with the customer's CDD profile.
- To highlight suspicious transactions/ activity on the basis of reviews.
- Assist with the preparation of departmental Management information reports
- Identifying and preparing the STRs also ensure their timely submission to FIU.
- Submit STR in the GoAML application as per procedures.
- Development of GoAML application for onward reporting to FIU.
- Provide support in the UATs of innovative projects/system upgrades.
- Review Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for High-Risk customers.
- Investigate, and review sanction-related alerts.
- Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 2 years of Compliance experience in banking/financial services with a strong background in KYC, Transaction Monitoring and Sanctions.
- Previous experience in e-money services is strongly preferred
- Bachelor of Commerce / Business Administration / Law
- Full understanding of the Country (UAE) AML laws & regulations (preferably)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Ability to travel for out-of-town engagements
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Something looks off?