Associate Director - Communications
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Role:
The Careem Rides Communications team is responsible for telling the story of how Careem Rides transform the way people move around the cities. Working with the media and key external stakeholders, we explain the benefits of e-hailing and how we contribute to the communities by providing new opportunities for drivers and riders.
What you'll do:
- Help craft the voice of Careem Rides across one of the most exciting, diverse, and high-growth regions
- Develop and implement external communication strategies aligned with the company's objectives and values
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts and industry influencers
- Work collaboratively with other functions, including marketing, policy and business to amplify brand and reputation campaigns
- Coach leadership on external communications strategies, make sure the communication team acts as a true partner to the business
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistent messaging and brand voice across all external communication channels
- Manage relationships with external vendors like PR agencies
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, representing the company in media interviews and public speaking engagements
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of external communication efforts, providing insights and recommendations for improvement
- Be passionate for doing comms at Careem Rides, where we get to shape the conversation around the future of mobility
What you'll need:
- 5-8 years of communication experience in consumer facing businesses with a proven track record of managing complex communications and issues management
- Strong media and influencer network, creative storytelling on digital
- Must bring experience as a spokesperson, with strong media relations know-how and expertise
- Experience doing comms in mobility, FMCG, consumer tech. Ideally, a combination of working in a globally matrixed organization and fast-moving smaller ventures
- Proficiency in English is essential, and Arabic is a strong advantage
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.