Product Director - Groceries
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
ABOUT THE ROLE
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
As the product leader for Grocery, you will drive a team of product managers to build and own exciting features, products and services for our customers. This is a pivotal role and requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the impetus to make that vision a reality. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and be able to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to create genuine impact for the lives of everyday people in our region.
We’re looking for someone with an amazing understanding of (or interest in learning) the online grocery market. Our ideal candidate is someone that leverages data, insights, customer feedback and intuition to craft product features that solve real user needs and problems. You’ll be hands on, driving your own product squad in addition to working closely with your PM’s in tackling their respective areas. You’re able to manage ambiguity, and can collaboratively navigate a cross-functional organisation to unblock dependencies across the Super App so that we can deliver customer value.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a small team of product managers, driving the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to feature roll out, for our customer facing experience
- Leverage market research, industry trends and thorough understanding of our customers to define Careem’s product strategy in the Grocery space
- Lead and implement the grocery product roadmap, including complex features with dependencies across the Super app, ensuring on time delivery and meaningful customer impact
- Cultivate productive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a holistic, end-to-end user experience
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of contributing, feedback, and product excellence
- Relevant prior experience working in a product role of which at least 2 years in the qCommerce industry (Food, Grocery, …)
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Experience building product development best practices and drawing clarity around product development tools and processes.
- You enjoy rallying a cross-functional team to deliver ambitious goals, including rallying and coordinating with partners’ whose roadmaps and priorities you don’t directly shape but can influence to produce great outcomes.
- You’ve built products for global markets, specifically having set strategy and roadmaps to make products work for customers in countries around the world.
- You have experience building an understanding of and empathy for customers whose daily life, circumstances and needs might be very different than your own.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership and senior executives.
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.