Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
We are looking for a highly experienced and commercially-minded legal counsel in KSA. This role will be responsible for providing oversight and managing the legal affairs of the Careem Ride hailing business in KSA and also support the Careem legal ride hailing team in other jurisdictions.
What you'll do
- Provide legal support and advise senior business stakeholders of Careem KSA, and work closely with the rest of the Careem Rides Legal team on relevant legal issues in KSA and other jurisdictions.
- Draft and review legal documents, including contracts, agreements, policies, legal opinions, pleadings and other legal instruments.
- Interact with KSA government authorities and regulators.
- Formulate legal risk management strategies for Careem KSA and provide proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Manage litigation matters for Careem KSA, ensuring effective representation and resolution.
- Oversee corporate governance matters, including compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
What you'll need
- The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an unwavering focus on excellence, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional requirements include:
- Law degree from a reputable university
- Fluent proficiency in both oral and written English and Arabic.
- Minimum 6 years of total legal experience out of which the candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of post qualification legal experience in KSA and minimum of 2 years experience at a tier 1 law firm in KSA, an international law firm, or multinational environment.
- Preferred experience in commercial and/or regulatory matters, but not required.
- The ability to work independently, prioritize and multitask effectively, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A methodical and proactive work approach with a strong emphasis on accuracy
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, exciting and non-hierarchical environment
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.