Bike Mechanic I
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem BIKE (a Careem Vertical) is now in Madinah KSA - introducing the first public network of electric bicycles and scooters. We are excited to help improve quality of life and encourage healthier living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Careem BIKE stations in Medina advance Saudi Arabia’s sustainability agenda which is being delivered through Vision 2030 and the Saudi Green Initiative. We are looking for talented colleagues to join us in this exciting journey.
What you'll do
A Bike Mechanic I ensures that the Bikes are well maintained and safe to use before deployment. You should be able to perform preventive and corrective maintenance in an accurate and timely manner making sure that the assets are well taken care of and are sustainable. Work together with the team to ensure that the ideal bike availability required for daily operations is being achieved.
Your Day to Day Activities May Include:
- Assembling / Disassembling Bikes.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair any physical and functionality or mechanical
- Repair vehicles as efficiently as possible, maximizing the number of operational vehicles for customers in your city and minimizing the number of inactive vehicles.
- Perform scheduled maintenance onsite and offsite when required.
- Keep logs of daily activities.
- Record general stock trackers (e.g., spare parts, consumables, and tools) daily.
- Plans and schedules vehicle PPM and coordinates logistics with Field Team leads.
- Meet your daily target of minimum bikes repaired/maintained.
- Maintain the workshop tools and equipment organized, clean and tidy daily.
- Support the Lead Bike Mechanic and co-mechanics on task assignment and coordination of activities.
What you'll need
- Must be a Muslim, based in KSA, having a valid Iqama, willing to move to Madinah, and ideally should be available to start in the beginning of September or latest by mid September.
- English fluency is essential, Arabic is an advantage.
- Minimum of one year of experience repairing automobiles, bicycles, e-bikes, or e-scooters, and a curiosity to familiarize yourself with new products.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (torque wrenches, spanners, power tools, etc.).
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Physically fit and able to lift bikes.
- Basic knowledge of Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Hands-on attitude, energetic team player, and passionate about two-wheelers.
- Solid commitment to working together with multicultural teams.
- Work conscientiously and with a focus on safety and a healthy workspace environment.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.