Senior Master Data Analyst
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Team
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for their daily essentials. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this booming space.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a candidate to join our Quik team as a Catalog Ops Lead, the role is based out of Dubai and will be working with the Central Team to run the regional catalog operations for the grocery business.
- Complete management of all content for Careem Quik and Shops (marketplace)
- Ensuring accuracy and maintenance of item level data on all internal tools and platforms being used at Careem
- Process creation and refinement to improve agent efficiency and performance
- Day to day coordination and management of catalog agents, their performance and productivity
- Coordination with the Category Managers to ensure their categories are properly equipped and displayed on the app
- Working with Product and Category teams to come up with initiatives to improve content quality and accuracy
- Working on improving performance metrics for catalog like conversion, item accuracy, image accuracy, categorization and image quality
- Initiating better use of AI tools such as Chat GPT etc in day to day tasks of agents to improve their productivity
- Coordination with external stakeholders for different projects
What you’ll need
- 2-3 years of experience in Catalog Ops role in a startup environment (preferably food or grocery delivery)
- Understanding of operational KPIs and ability to analyze and interpret data
- Extreme ownership and willingness to initiate new projects and processes
- Experience in managing a team of agents of different nationalities
- Experience in working on software like Oracle will be an advantage
- Ability to adopt innovative tools and new technologies
- English language skills are critical, Arabic is a plus
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.