Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Financial Planning & Analysis Associate will be a key resource under Pay Finance org and will be supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager on all key financial planning and analytics. Other responsibilities include:
- Understanding performance variances with the business teams and reporting any exceptions
- Working closely with the accounting team for month-end book closure and reporting
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Communicating results and recommendations to financial planning and analysis manager
- Work with Business teams to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Preparing and supporting daily, weekly and monthly performance reports
- Preparing data analytics for ad hoc business cases and performance deep dives
- Analysing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Utilising BI (Tableau, Redash & SQL) tools to deliver meaningful insights which in turn positively impact business performance
- MBA or CA or CPA or CFA will be a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in finance and accounting
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in using BI and reporting tools
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Able to solve complex problems
- High level of commercial acumen
- Advanced computer software skills, including MS Excel and other accounting packages
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.