Head of Strategy & Planning
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Team
The Food Strategy & Planning team works with all functions to set the direction for our global Food business using market and customer insights. The S&P team also manages strategic cross-cutting programs.
About the Role
The team is looking for an enthusiastic and driven professional who can support and lead the Strategy & Planning team in achieving the team’s goals, someone who will take part of the load and run with it. It is a high visibility role with a lot of opportunity for tangible business impact and execution flavour.
- Support in strategy definition & program management
- Bring critical thinking and an analytical approach to solving hard strategic problems and to turn preliminary thoughts and ideas into sound plans
- Work with product, operations, finance and commercial teams across geographies to translate strategy to execution;
- Lead work streams and projects independently in cross-functional settings
- Support the Strategy Lead on key forums and meetings with broader Careem leadership (setting project governance framework, define agenda items, prepare content, manage stakeholders, etc.)
- Work closely with insights & analytics team
- Keep a tab on market trends and insights across FoodTech ecosystem, and identify opportunities for Careem
- Work with analysts to derive insights and identify areas for growth & improvement from internal data
- Structure and conduct analyses independently, aggregate data needed to answer key business questions, work with analytics team to refine analyses and derive insights
- Communicate data and market insights in a concise and structured manner, and feed them into the various cross-functional forums and strategic discussions.
What you'll need
The ideal candidate would be someone who has 6-7 years of work experience in strategy, analytics and project/program management roles (experience in a high-growth tech startup or a consulting environment highly desirable). Additional qualifications and skill sets include:
- Must have great problem solving and analytical skills
- Should be able to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Must be able to build and deliver structured and compelling narrative including presentation material
- Is passionately curious about the business and the market
- Is able to collaborate effectively and build stakeholder relationships
- Is solution-oriented and practical
- Is ambitious, self-driven and acts like an owner
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.