Manager - Risk & Controls
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
- Perform risk assessments for new products/features and existing processes/systems to surface risks across all risk categories for all verticals
- Analyze risks and controls to identify potential weaknesses or areas of vulnerability. Propose risk mitigation strategies and process improvements to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drafting and presenting risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff
- Develop, analyse and interpret data from systems, make comparable analysis and recommend course of actions
- Support and manage the delivery of Internal controls (SOX-ICFR methodology) and frameworks
- Identify, analyse data sets within all verticals and report the impact on the Group’s risk assessment
- Collaborate with various departments to gain insights into their processes and challenges, ensuring a holistic understanding of the business. Provide expert guidance and support to other teams to enhance their control environment.
- Assist the Head of Risk ensuring that strategic & operational risks are identified and managed including emerging risk are identified and advise on appropriate risk mitigating controls
- Liaison among compliance teams and external auditors to ensure risk and compliance matters are highlighted on timely basis and solutions are proposed
- Overseeing operational effectiveness the ongoing business resilience projects
- Assist Risk Management team in ad-hoc projects or those assigned by Head of Risk
Qualification and Experience:
- CA / ACCA / FRM or any equivalent professional certification on risk or assurance
- Proficiency in any analysis tools (Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, R/Python)
- Preferably 3+ years of post qualification experience (i.e., internal audit, risk management, or compliance);
- Experience managing projects at a reputed audit firm will be an advantage
- Strong analytical ability with an understanding of risk impact
- Ability to effectively prioritize day-to-day responsibilities and longer-term projects in a fast-paced, challenging environment
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.