Sales Intern - Food
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About The Team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team from Careem veterans to new tigers who joined on a mission to build Careem Food all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains .
What You'll Do
- Field Sales Job - To identify, target, sales pitch & commercial closure of restaurant / food outlet partners and on-board them to the Careem Food Delivery network.
- Restaurant types would include large food chains (top tier), medium & small food outlets (long tail).
- Identify high potential geographic clusters / localities within the city with high restaurant density, catering to a range of cuisines, suitable customer profile and target them for Food Delivery business.
- Negotiate & Close - Commercials / Exclusivity / Consumer Deals & Offers from Restaurant Partners
- Submit the Sales plan as per the set objectives.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities to analyze the sales prospects.
What You'll Need
- Passion for sales/convincing people
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Excel and similar software tools.
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Highly motivated with a “hunting spirit” to develop new opportunities and grow business in multiple technology dimensions within the Food/Service Providers space.
- You are excellent at working in teams and are comfortable collaborating with local, regional and corporate teams
- Working in pressure situations with stretched targets and limited resources and coming up with smart tech based ideas to solve problems.
- Ownership, High energy & Self driven
- Should be tech / net savvy - have a flair for E-commerce / Internet led business
- Good knowledge of Dubai Market
- UAE driving license would be added advantage
- Candidate will need to be on their own Visa
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.