Senior Commercial Manager - F&V
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Team
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
About the Role
As a Sr Commercial Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving our strategies on assortment by defining our selection by store and working with other teams on sourcing, pricing and promotions across our markets for the ultra fresh categories ( fruits and vegetables, fresh meat). This is a unique role with the opportunity to create genuine impact for the lives of everyday people in our region. We’re looking for someone with solid experience in procuring and managing the entire supply chain of ultra fresh produces to ensure we provide the best quality products at the right price.
What you'll do
- Own the entire profit and loss, consumer experience (quality and packaging) of ultra fresh (fruits and vegetables, fresh meat) for Careem groceries
- Lead the entire procurement, supplier management, quality and demand management of the ultra fresh (fruits and vegetables, fresh meat)
- Be a subject matter expert on sourcing, quality, pricing and market dynamics of fresh produces
- To drive operations and category performance through detailed analysis of product assortment, pricing change analysis, consumer behaviour
- Lead the Operations and category planning process, highlighting growth opportunities and identifying business targets through category, shopper and market analysis
- Stay up to date on trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Establish and support entire supply chain of fresh products to fulfill sales, quality and margin objectives
- Review and analyze feedback from customers on products, price changes, promotions and plan actions in to improve consumer experience and sales
What you’ll need
- Experience in procuring and managing fruits and vegetables category for a large retail player - 5+ years
- Strong knowledge and experience in sourcing/importing fruits and vegetables from different parts of the world
- Strong knowledge in quality standards of fresh produce
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- An ability to work at senior level cross functionally with other departments
- Experience of dealing with Fruits and vegetables, meat suppliers
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.