Platform Access Program Manager
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About The Team
Our Safety team is focused on creating a safety-first culture within Careem, ensuring that every ride is a safe ride. As part of this vision, our "Platform Access" program has a vital role, defining the criteria for access to our platform for Captains and customers, and ensuring these standards are upheld consistently across all markets.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership for captains and customers' safety in MEA + Pakistan to ensure that Careem Rides is the platform of choice when it comes to safety.
- Own and be the subject matter expert for User Identity and Safety Onboarding Requirements from start to finish - defining the problem space and risk profile, recommending safety controls to address gaps, and rigorously setting, scoring, and tracking key program goals and objectives.
- Help define a risk methodology for assessing account integrity, including captains and customers.
- Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help design and implement scalable solutions to improve safety on the Careem Rides platform.
- Improve overall safety on Careem Rides’ platform by taking a data-driven approach to issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts.
- Lead the industry on best-in-class screenings that balance Careem Rides' safety needs with business objectives and fairness to our users, amidst increased data privacy regulations.
- Partner with Safety Product and operations, functional leadership, and other relevant global and regional stakeholders to launch solutions for all users in the MEA + Pakistan region, coordinate product launches, develop safety processes and playbooks, and ensure a smooth execution of experiments and pilots.
- Design and implement processes for early identification of trends and/or blocking issues in safety incidents.
- Design and implement scalable processes and initiatives to improve safety on the Careem Rides platform.
- Set and develop best-practice standards in the region, and ensure their maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Recommend improvements to safety programs scoping, building, testing, and deployment across the region.
- Understand the business objectives and plans, and advise on potential safety implications following transparent and unbiased principles.
- Translate the impact of safety programs into business operations outputs and advocate for safety interventions and awareness in the region.
- Participate in other special projects/assignments as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years experience in high-growth technology companies or a multinational company with an established safety culture.
- Deep subject matter knowledge and practical expertise in a safety discipline and/or user identity.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation.
- Cross-team coordination, project management, and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- A record of accomplishment delivering success in high performing business organizations and experience in program management.
- Strong background as a respected operational problem solver.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment.
- Stakeholder management capabilities and interest in developing them further.
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Basic SQL knowledge required (Intermediate preferred).
- Flexible approach to work. Ability to manage own priorities, workload, and willingness to travel.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.