Government Relations Officer
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
The legal team of Careem and Uber are looking for someone to represent Careem Ride Hailing KSA and Uber KSA in all interactions with government departments and agencies in Saudi Arabia, and ensure that both companies comply with all local regulations and procedures. Supervise and ensure that responsibilities and required procedures are executed timely, and provide the business with efficient reports that highlight opportunities and mitigate obstacles.
What you'll do
Liaising with municipality, economic department and any other government departments, agency or authority in relation to Trade Licence/ Ministry of Investment License/ setting up of new office etc and schedule and manage government-relating appointments or clarification requests with the relevant Governmental Authorities.
- Handle and process documents for both companies using governmental portals such as Absher, Qiwa, and Muqeem etc.
- Process and renew company and employee-related documents, including iqamas, visas, commercial licenses, and other essential permits.
- Represent Careem and/or Uber before regulatory bodies, government agencies and/or courts for compliance matters or other legal proceedings.
- Keep abreast with current corporate, labour and immigration laws and update the relevant staff on any changes.
- Respond to staff enquiries on visa and Iqama procedures and passport renewal /labor requirements and regulations/ and any relevant question raised regarding employment matters.
- Prepare periodic reports for management or relevant authorities, as necessary and as required.
- Organize attestation of certificates and legal translation of documents and other activities related to the Companies’ activities such as immigration and labour matters.
What you'll need
- Saudi National
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration Law or related discipline;
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a GRO role in Saudi Arabia with relevant experience liaising with government departments;
- Good communication skills and ability to represent multiple entities or companies simultaneously
- Good command of English and Arabic both oral and written
- Excellent problem solving and quality control skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive and responsible
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.