Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
We are looking for a Marketing Executive to join our world class growth-marketing team for the Food vertical at Careem.
What you'll do
This role is accountable for marketing planning, campaign execution, and daily operations for our food business. The job owner will need to be resourceful and solutions-oriented to work in the fast-paced environment that this department operates under. The role requires high commitment and focus on execution excellence, customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile, and collaborative.
Stakeholder management and communication skills are crucial for the success of this role.
- Owning the complete process of building and executing the food marketing calendar on weekly and monthly basis
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on planning and initiatives; commercial, digital, social, creative, external agencies, etc.
- Managing external resources (i.e agencies) to develop marketing materials
- Owning monthly food budget tracker with Finance and marketing manager
- Owning the process of daily, weekly, monthly marketing operation: Campaign launches, briefing, etc.
- Owning merchant marketing campaigns alongside food account managers
- Leading post-campaign analysis through gathering marketing KPIs including promo spends, open rates, in-app clicks social media metrics, etc and liaising with owners of those metrics for timely sharing of KPIs.
What you'll need
- Startup drive & attitude is key
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
- Experience of building marketing campaigns while managing planning, timelines and budgets
- Ability to plan marketing calendar across different channels and for all verticals
- Strong relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
- Ability to think about process and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple tasks
- Analytical skills and able to convert key findings into simple presentable communication
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.