Senior People Operations Specialist
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
This role sits within the People Operations team. Our team's core functions are split between People Operations, Colleague Advisory, People Data & Quality and Policy & Process. The heart of our colleague's experience journey sits in the remit of this role holder. You will contribute to driving the onboarding and offboarding journey of our new joiners and colleagues alike. You will be responsible for looking after our Pakistan colleagues alongside a team of like-minded people operations gurus spread across all of Careem’s markets and verticals. You will be part of a team crafting, developing and maintaining all people processes that impact our colleagues on a day-to-day basis.
The role reports to the People Operations & Advisory Manager for Pakistan.
What you’ll do
- Deliver exceptional service in various colleague relations topics, both internally and externally;
- Act as the markets primary point of contact for all colleague lifecycle requirements;
- Maintaining and supporting a strong centralized onboarding process, where new joiners receive contracts and relevant information promptly to a high standard;
- Efficiently manage the preparation and distribution of welcome packs, documentation, and data quality for new joiners;
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding of third-party (3P) colleagues by collaborating with internal stakeholders and vendors;
- Compile and submit monthly payroll reports for both 3P and Careem colleagues, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant SOPs;
- Handle timely submissions to the Employees' Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI), maintain records, and ensure portal is maintained;
- Proactively identify areas in need of improvement and conduct reviews and/or assessments with solutions for impact;
- Ensure all colleagues adhere to internal policies, local employment laws, and tax regulations.
- Manage and issue various travel invitation letters market to market, NOC’s and confirmation documentation as requested;
- Assess, analyze and provide people data reports with metric data sets of wider scopes;
- Own communication and alignment on policies and processes to both colleagues and the wider teams. Be the champion and advocate to elevate and action gap requirements;
- Various systems to obtain the necessary information.
- Support and advocate for the implementation of best practices in projects across broader teams, collaborating closely with People Engagement on project-related tasks.
- Accurately document all colleague case interactions using available case management tools.
- Collaborate closely with the People, Legal, and Procurement teams to meet task requirements and ensuring cross team project success;
- Take ownership of workflows, provide outstanding service to our colleagues, and continuously strive for improvement.
What you’ll need
- 4+ years experience in a people team environment, having managed core processes for employment life cycles;
- Experience working within fast paced and globally dispersed teams;
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influential communication skills at all levels;
- Adept at working autonomously and managing competing priorities;
- Exceptional and assertive problem-solving capabilities;
- Meticulous attention to detail and a proven track record of following through on commitments.
- Profound understanding of employment life cycles and local labor law;
- Familiarity with Oracle, Greenhouse, and/or Enboarder is advantageous.
- Driven, ambitious, and unafraid to voice opinions and drive change in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent in Business or HR/People practices is beneficial.
- CIPD certification (any level) would be advantageous.
- Must be fluent in both Urdu and English (written and spoken).
- Additional languages are a plus.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.