Commercial Manager - Captain Financial Services
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
CareemPay is Careem’s very own fintech proposition that supports a wide variety of payments and broader financial use cases, including local P2P transfers, international remittances, and bill payments in the UAE. The wallet is now also a key proposition for Careem captain payouts who receive earnings seamlessly and directly into their CareemPay (Careem Pay) wallet.
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team from Careem veterans to new tigers who joined on a mission to build Careem Pay all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What you'll do
You’ll be responsible for managing Careem Pay’s daily product operations, collaborating across Careem teams to manage strategic projects for Captain Payments. Initial focus of the role will be on managing Careem Pay for captains in KSA, hence strong strategic and operational expertise is essential to success in the role.
- Operations: Support our day-to-day wallet operations in partnership with key external stakeholders. Balance your time between behind-the-desk problem solving and strategic thinking, and on-ground operations and problem solving. Be willing to lend an extra hand to on ground-operations teams as necessary
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Monitor product performance to identify the operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks, and work on solutions in collaboration with various teams. Monitor and analyze key performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions as necessary
- Product Development: Keep a keen eye out for new features to improve our operations and users' experience. Manage consumer feedback and work with teams across Careem to make sure user feedback is translated into meaningful product iterations
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting large, cross-functional initiatives across a variety of areas (product, ops, sales, marketing, etc)
- Reliability: Ensure that the captain payments across different channels run smoothly. Issues are proactively addressed with the relevant stakeholders
- Captain dispute resolution: Ensuring the relevant SLAs are met and captain payment issues are resolved timely, while building scalable processes for sustaining captain experience on Careem Pay
- Develop Relationships: Foster strong relationships with markets and functional teams to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Product growth: Ideate and execute plans to make users and usage of Careem Pay wallet grow through promos, campaign participations and marketing activations
- Product analytics: Perform and run various analyses to unlock actionable product insights. Bonus points if you can work with SQL
What you'll need
- 6+ years of relevant and proven experience in operations, consulting, PMO and/or strategy.
- Strong analytical capabilities, mastery of Excel and SQL is required
- Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a deeply analytical and structured approach to issues
- A natural problem solver, ready to take on, and solve user problems in growing markets
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Ability to work on-ground with a “Yes, can do” and “get it done” attitude
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.